I haven't used it that much off of ac, so can't say too much, but I don't
think I noticed anything out of the ordinary. Is spotlight still indexing
your files perhaps?  This would probably cause major battery drain.  Do a
command spacebar and then vo down arrow to see if it says anything about not
showing all results becasue it is indexing.  You'll have to vo-down arrow a
few times to find how long it has left to index.