Nobody said anything about a computer bought in 1995. The original question had
to do with a laptop that broke after 3-4 years, and the person wasn't too happy
and was considering a Mac. Since upgrades to the screen reader are tied to the
os on a Mac, if your Mac is too old to get the new upgrade, you also don't get
the new VO features, and that can be a computer that is 3 to 4 years old. I
have an old xp machine that I sure wouldn't put Windows 8 on, but it is
something like 6 years old, not 4, and when I go to replace it, if I do, I'll
pay substancially less than what I would pay for a new Mac. I'm not saying that
the Mac isn't good. I just  think the decision to switch is a lot more
complicated than deciding it is a good deal because you get the screen reader
buiult in to the os.

Mary

Mary Otten
motte...@gmail.com