Hi!
This is what I do when chatting!
1, go to the chat grid and arrow through until I get to the end of the last
message!
2, Then I turn off cursor tracking with the command VO+shift+f3 [add FN if
needed]
3, Now all I need do is just start typing to make my reply and press enter when
done!
4, just arrow through the chat I've just sent and wait for the reply and arrow
through it!
With this method you are always in the chat grid no need to jump or stop
interacting just chat!
Also when your finished just remember to turn on cursor tracking again with the
same command as before!
HTH Colin