Hi,
I currently have the braillient and like it a lot.

I mainly use an i mac and a mac book air with it.  I haven't tried using it
with my i phone, so can't talk about that.

I like the feel of the dots.  You can do some navigation commands with it from
the display, and you can enter text through the display.

I've only had this unit for a couple of months, so am still learning it.

In the past, I've used a focus 80 and a braille sense plus.  I've also had
exerpeince with an alva 680 or whatever the number for that one was.

If you primerily use jaw, then the focus family might be best.  If you use
mainly apple products and hardly ever use that other OS, then some of the other
options out there might work best.

personally, while I thought I'd love an 80 cell, in practice it was just too
darn big!  It was uncomfortable to use due to the size.  On the other hand, if
you have a job where you constantly need to see the layout of the screen, then
an 80 cell might be best.  I personally prefer no less then 32 cells, and
preferably 40.

hth,
Cait