> - Even large QT apps are snappy and very responsive whereas many large
> GTK-2 apps tend to be unuseable on slower systems (like my Dorun-800).
> 800mhz to render some buttons and layout texts??
> Maybe I am just too old to understand whats going on :(

This is so interesting since GTK+ applications feels so much faster on
all machines I've been using whereas QT once are somewhat slow..  Are
you running them all in KDE? I'm running everything in Gnome and it's
fast enough even on my 800MHZ machine at home.

I read people saying what you are saying all the time, but I just
figure they are KDE fans who wants to throw trash as Gnome/GTK (note,
I'm not saying you are, which is why I respond... normally I just
ignore them :) )

Regards,
Erik