Eero Tamminen wrote:

And if the game doesn't disable the double pixeling properly (e.g. if it
crashes or freezes), user needs to reboot the device.  Not very nice
either...

So what happened to idea mentioned here year ago to modify Xsp (or whatever) API so that pixel doubling is flag of each display update separately? I.e. every update would be not pixel doubled unless told so by flag with each update. This is how it works on kernel framebuffer level anyway.

It is bad to turn in on and off because any other display update (infoprint) can mess it up. If we had blitting API in Xsp with pixel doubling flag settable per update this problem would go away.

Well in fact we have this api - framebuffer ioctl but it is not very nice solution.

Daniel Stone wrote:

> I don't like it as it's far too ITOS-specific (I won't be satisfied
> until XSP no longer exists).  It'll probably be replaced with RandR some
> time in the future, even if the fixed resolution choices are only
> 800x480 and 400x240.

Pixel doubled resolutions would be nice and would be improvement over current situation indeed. What we will miss with this solution is having some parts of screen pixel doubled and some not like nice control area with nice static graphics and main pixel doubled game area.

Frantisek