On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 5:11 AM, Quim Gil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Still unsure? My fault, then. Let's put it like this:
>
> We want Maemo 5 explorers squeezing Fremantle and making amazing
> end-user ready products out of it.
>
>> Whether existing projects can apply (or, on the contrary, cannot apply)
>
> Of course they can, but if an existing project in thinks 'we are done,
> it's just about porting/fixing bugs' then it is probably not the best
> candidate. Fresh thinking and more creativity is needed.

There are several disjoint projects to bring Ogg/Vorbis/Theora support
to the standard media player.  None of them work completely as far as
I can tell - some add the codecs, most don't do all the
mime-associations.  Nokia has already said they will never support it
out of the box, so the next best thing would be to have something
available to fully integrate it.  It seems possible, and the highest
voted bug report from the community is specifically for Ogg/V/T
support (under the title of a DSP driver, but I'd like a fully
integrated native one even if it did drain the battery a bit faster).