Hi,

2009/9/3 Klaus Rotter <kl...@rotters.de>:
> Hi there!
>
> Since Maemo 6 will be based upon Qt, is it reasonable to start new
> projects (for fremantle and beyond) with Qt?
>
> Any comments on this?

I'll give you a personal hopinion, but please take this with care
since I don't know anything about the current state of Harmattan.

I think you can use almost all classes of the Qt libraries, except the UI :)
I suppose the UI is going to change a lot... maybe we'll have
QtButton, QtTextBox ecc... but they could be named in a different way,
we don't know yet....

I suggest you to separate the UI code from the functional code in your
app, so you'll be able to re-use a lot of your code without changing
anything.

When Harmattan will be out, you'll be able to re-use your code and
adapt the UI part to the new widgets.

At least this is what I'm going to do for a my own app.

Regards,

--
Andrea Grandi
email: a.grandi [AT] gmail [DOT] com