On 10/18/07, Steve Greenland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> debug1: confirm x11
> X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication.

Interesting, it works here with openssh, and DISPLAY is ":0.0" during
that. My guess is dropbear does things differently.

> Unsetting DISPLAY, I get this:
> NameError: global name '_gtk' is not defined
>
> So what it looks like is that the import of pygtk (or gtk) is trying to
> initialize the X11 system, and failing. Maybe modifying the scanner so
> it doesn't do the import on the "--install" codepath?

Pygame needs to read the screen depth (we're saving cache image
according to the screen format, otherwise Kagu startup gets slower) so
it won't work. I tried, though.

> If I was installing via the AM, and it hung for 150 seconds with no
> visible output, I'd be worried.

There's a going back-and-forth progressbar in AM during installation.
Some big packages or big dependencies also take long, so I think the
userbase is used to this.

--
Kemal