Hi, mixing quotes (sorry).

Yesterday I moved this debate to maemo-developers since the current
topic about repositores and policies affects developers only. See

Bugs at maemo for extras apps (was Re: Steve's Ranty Review...)
http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail//maemo-developers/2007-October/012239.html

It's difficult to follow efficiently both lists looking for topics
relating to developers (specially if the threads in maemo-users end up
discussing topics different than the subject).

> Then these issues need to be fixed. Failing to centralise the
> available packages negates a potential massive advantage (for users,

Repositories mess: conclusions and actions
http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail//maemo-developers/2007-October/012192.html

> Personally, I'd urge Nokia to find someone (who understands the
> issues of e.g. library packaging) to have a thorough read of Debian
> policy and come up with a maemo policy at least partly based on it -
> this will be necessary to ensure that everything in the repository or
> repositories will "play friendly" and DTRT.

Do you know we have Debian maintainers (and I would say experts) in our
team. btw a maemo packaging policy is underways, we are still polishing
details before share it for community review.

--
Quim Gil - http://maemo.org