On Tue, 2007-12-18 at 09:51 +0200, ext Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-12-17 at 20:56 -0800, ext Joshua Layne wrote:
> > they have had warranty issues on it.  However, a brief search on google
> > shows some fly-by-night places that have it for really cheap (like a few
> > dollars), so I may just pick up a replacement and a spare for the office./;
>
> Beware that some of the cheap noname ones might have different voltages
> - one of my 12V car chargers for example does not charge my N800 at all.
> It charges 770's and phones just fine.

That's weird - N800 and 770 have practically the same chargin interface
- HW, SW and battery - and when doing idle chargin their current is
comparable.

Unless the N800 sw recognises the fake charger and simply refuses to use
it :-)

Does it show any message, like "Not Charging", when you plug in the fake
charger?

--
Cheers, Igor

Igor Stoppa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
(Nokia Multimedia - CP - OSSO / Helsinki, Finland)