En/na Peter Flynn ha escrit:

> These chargers seem to be very fragile, which is disappointing for
> something that cannot be replaced easily (not in stores), and the
> closest (N95 charger) costs €25.  They also cannot be opened for a
> simple rewiring repair, even after removing the two retaining screws, as
> they appear to be sealed.

Not to mention the plug and the socket: two days ago I inadvertently
left my n800 charging while my roomba was working, so dear old roomba
decided to eat the cable, throwing my n800 on the floor (from a height
of around 50cm). The n800 wasn't damaged, but both the charger plug and
the socket were. Now the plug (both the damaged one and the brand new
car charger one) wouldn't fit as snugly in the socket as before, so it
will start charging but if I breathe in its direction it's enough to
unseat the plug :-(
I tried to lift the ground contact in the socket with a pin but it
doesn't help, as soon as I insert the plug it goes back.
Why didn't nokia stay with the previous, sturdier, connector? It doesn't
seem that big to me.
And, is the socket easy to find or do I have to buy a complete
replacement back cover?

Bye
--
Luca