Joshua Layne wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 01:56:43 +0000, Peter Flynn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> <snip>
>>
>> I have the identical problem, and some poking around revealed that the
>> wire from the charger to the unit is internally broken close to (or
>> within) the rat-tail that comes out of the charger plug.
>>
>> These chargers seem to be very fragile, which is disappointing for
>> something that cannot be replaced easily (not in stores), and the
>> closest (N95 charger) costs €25.  They also cannot be opened for a
>> simple rewiring repair, even after removing the two retaining screws, as
>> they appear to be sealed.
>>
>> How do I buy a replacement charger (or 3 or 4 of them if they are
>> fragile)?
>
> having gotten a full charge by leaving my N810 in the car for a few hours
> (my DC adapters stayed powered with the car off, thankfully), I can say
> with a fair assurance that I have the same problem as Peter.  I will be
> getting the power adapter replaced under warranty if at all possible.  If
> nothing else, Nokia is more likely to acknowledge it as an actual issue if
> they have had warranty issues on it.

I bought mine from eBay, so I am flying without a warranty.
Is there somewhere I can report this kind of failure separately?
Although IMHE large companies probably aren't interested in things
like charger failures unless they are a health/safety hazard :-)

I just bought a Europlug (old Nokia) to microEuro (N800) adapter,
so I'm hunting for a suitable old Nokia charger that delivers 5v at the
right rating.

Fred wrote:
> A collegue is able to charge his n800 (and 770) with his 6230 charger
> (ACP-12E) and the adapter.

I'll go look for one...

///Peter