On Jun 26, 2009, at 7:49 AM, Sebastian Hagedorn wrote:

The reason this happens is that launchd expects the processes it launches to stick around. They must not daemonize. But mailmanctl terminates after it has started the runners. I assume that Apple modified their own distribution of Mailman so that mailmanctl behaves differently. I'd suggest comparing the two.

FWIW in MM3, the two functions of mailmanctl have been split into two separate scripts. bin/master is the master queue runner watcher script and it does not daemonize. bin/mailmanctl is simply the control interface to master and it does daemonize. There may not be too much Mailman3-ish about the new scripts so it could be backported (though it probably requires Python 2.6 or possibly 2.5).

-Barry