On 3 Jun 2014, at 9:31, Scott A. McIntyre wrote:

1) The wrapping issue only impacts the message viewer. If I reply to a message, wrapping looks normal again in the compose window.

MailMate calls an external script to convert text from a canonical format (after decoding/deflowing/...) to HTML. The script is simple, but my suspicion is that it fails on OS X 10.10 for some reason.

Maybe because Ruby 1.8 has been removed:

        /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/bin/ruby

2)  It only impacts non-HTML messages

Fits the above theory.

3) Other UI changes actually look pretty nice inside of MailMate. I liked the look!

Great! I do win a little bit by mostly using standard boring GUI components :-)

(But I guess the application icon looks very much out of place.)