Hello everyone,

a friend informed me about a topic going on about the Certified Senders
Alliance on this mailing list. That’s why I joined it.
I work for the CSA for many years now.
First and foremost of all:
It is definitely not true that a sender can join the CSA without any vetting.
That statement bothered me a lot, because it’s a plain lie. Maybe because
important information was lost in some communication between more than two
parties, I don’t want to assume ill intent by anybody. In fact from every
sender who wants to get certified and be whitelisted only about 10% make it
through the whole process and are approved. Btw: the certification needs to be
confirmed by the certification committee in which 2 seats out of 4 are major
ISP partners.
I totally agree that if you have delivery issues it shouldn’t be the first step
to reach out any certification program to fix it. And this is not how CSA
works. If a sender has delivery issues, in 99% these problems are justified and
self made. So what the CSA does is, that in the process we find potential
issues and help senders to align with current best practices aka. the CSA
admission criteria.  This whole process can take weeks and months and still
many senders don’t achieve a certification in the end, because we take that
very serious.
Anybody on this mailing list, please feel free to have a look at our criteria
and see for yourself if they are reasonable or not. As everything we do is
completely transparent, you can find them on
https://certified-senders.org/library either at the end, or you can select the
type “CSA specific” to filter.

Sorry about this rant-ish post, but we try our best to improve overall quality
of senders, so the initial post kind of annoyed me.

Anyway. I am open for discussion either here, direct with me or for example on
the next M3AAWG meeting in person.

Best
Alex

--
Best regards

Alexander Zeh

Engineering Manager

eco - Association of the Internet Industry
Certified Senders Alliance

Lichtstrasse 43h
50825 Cologne
Germany

phone: +49 (0) 221 - 70 00 48 - 171
fax: +49 (0) 221 - 70 00 48 - 111
mobile: +49 (0) 171 - 657 2628
e-mail: alexander....@eco.de
web: http://www.eco.de

eco - Association of the Internet Industry
CEO: Harald A. Summa
Executive board: Prof. Michael Rotert (Chairman), Oliver Süme (Deputy
Chairman), Klaus Landefeld, Felix Höger, Prof. Dr. Norbert Pohlmann
Register of Associations: District court (Amtsgericht) Cologne, VR 14478
Registered office: Cologne