On Tue, 10 Apr 2018, Brandon Long wrote:
I meant interpreting addresses in mail to my own mailboxes, the
generalized version of case folding and subaddresses.  Maybe you're right
that undotted i's won't work in a lot of places, but I'd be surprised if
they didn't work in Turkey.

Aren't there standards for doing this? I'm sure they're not perfect, and they suffer from the problem that they aren't symmetrical, but its not something we have to re-invent.

Sorta kinda.  Unicode tries to do it but not very well.  See, for example:

ftp://ftp.unicode.org/Public/UCD/latest/ucd/SpecialCasing.txt

Regards,
John Levine, jo...@taugh.com, Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY