> I Twittered to @digitalocean about the lack of responsiveness from their
> abuse desk.
>
> They promptly replied via Twitter:
>
> "We apologise for the trouble. Our security & operation team is already
> looking into it."
>
> As I still had a case open with them, I appended your nice list of
> pgHammer IP Addresses.
>
> This time, they replied promptly:
>
> "As we are an unmanaged cloud hosting provider, we do not create,
> administer, or have direct access to our customers' Droplets. This
> means that we cannot make direct changes to any programs or websites
> hosted there."

Sigh, well then I guess there is little hope for the DCMA takedown that I just
Saturday sent to them for privacy-formula.com, which is wholesalely ripping off
all sorts of content sites (including ours).  That said, a few of the others
include Sophos, Bloomberg, and Politico, and I've clued all of their legal
departments into the situation, so...maybe...

I wonder if we should *all* tweet to them, including the hashtag
#DigitalOceanHostsBadGuys ? ;-)

Anne

Attorney at Law
GDPR, CCPA (CA) & CCDPA (CO) Compliance Consultant
Author: Section 6 of the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (the Federal anti-spam law)
Legislative Consultant
CEO/President, Institute for Social Internet Public Policy
Board of Directors, Denver Internet Exchange
Board of Directors, Asilomar Microcomputer Workshop
Legal Counsel: The CyberGreen Institute
Former Counsel: Mail Abuse Prevention System (MAPS
California Bar Association
Cal. Bar Cyberspace Law Committee
Colorado Cyber Committee
Ret. Professor of Law, Lincoln Law School of San Jose