> Fine. You're responsible for delivering mail submitted to you, and
> it is entirely reasonable to confirm that the entity you are
> accepting it from has provided a usable address. What Postfix then
> does to verify it is exactly what would be done if a message was
> simply accepted without verification.

Does not take into account the matter of spam with forged headers.

I didn't send that email, and you're "verifying" whether I did, doing
exactly the same as Radek's woodpecker-as-a-service. No different from
my perspective.

[root@mail ~]# grep -i sender /etc/postfix/helo_access*
/etc/postfix/helo_access:inpost.tmes.trendmicro.com     REJECT Sender Address
Verification is Abusive
/etc/postfix/helo_access.pcre:/\.mailspamprotection\.com/       REJECT Sender
Address Verification is Abusive
/etc/postfix/helo_access.pcre:/\.pphosted\.com/         REJECT Sender Address
Verification is Abusive

And that's just some of the big names doing it.

> This is a bit less clear, but I'd say that is fine because you have
> every reason to believe that you are acting on behalf of the address
> owner, not some 3rd party who may not have acquired the address
> legitimately.

This, too, can be co-opted by people who aren't your users.

--
Atro Tossavainen, Founder, Partner
Koli-Lõks OÜ (reg. no. 12815457, VAT ID EE101811635)