On 5 Sep 2022, at 18:07, Atro Tossavainen via mailop wrote:

>> This is a bit less clear, but I'd say that is fine because you have
>> every reason to believe that you are acting on behalf of the address
>> owner, not some 3rd party who may not have acquired the address
>> legitimately.
>
> This, too, can be co-opted by people who aren't your users.

And then, typos. I currently count at 7 the number of persons that believe that
my 10+ years old Gmail account is theirs. I routinely receive bank, telecom and
government communications from citizens of 4 Latin American countries.

The address verification would still work in this case—after all, it is a valid
email—just not for the person filling the form / providing the data.

Best regards

-lem