Dnia  5.09.2022 o godz. 14:45:40 Michael Peddemors via mailop pisze:

> This is the only argument that holds any kind of merit, but if you want to
> REALLY see if the person intended to register, send them a real email, as in
> confirmed double opt-in, that they have to click on. Otherwise, I can use
> your email in the web form.. it will validate as real, but I should not be
> using it.

Of course, if you want that other person receive all information about
the progress and results of your application, and you have no access to
that information (unless you personally come to the office to ask about it),
then you can use someone else's email address ;). It will cause more
trouble to the person who filled the application than to anyone else.

In the scenario I'm describing it was highly improbable that someone filling
in the form would provide all his/her personal data and other requested
information and give someone else's email address just for fun.

Similarly, you could theoretically use my email address when buying
something in an online shop. I haven't yet seen any online shop that
requires you to confirm your email address before sending you transaction
confirmations, information about delivery etc. They just take the address
you entered in the order form for granted. But would you do this?

Returning to "my" case, of course, it can happen that someone fills in the
application for another person, and provides all data of that other person,
but this is a completely valid case. You can do exactly the same with a
paper form. If you eg. fill in a tax form (on paper) for your friend or
family member - because he/she asked you to help with this - and provide
correctly all his/her data, is this any problem? People do this all the
time.
--
Regards,
   Jaroslaw Rafa