> Ever been on the receiving end of a retaliatory abuse complaint?

Yup, that too.

> As a Hetzner customer I expect some trust in the company I pay money
> to,

As do I, as a Hetzner customer.

> that they'll give me a chance to face my accuser and fix the
> problem if there is one, or give a response as to why I shouldn't
> have to if there isn't a problem.

I, too, expect to be told what the nature of the problem is.

Where the report comes from should be completely irrelevant.

I frequently don't bother with complaints of abuse to Hetzner because
I get back the autoreply that states I am expected to OK them forwarding
it verbatim to the spammer. Most of the spammers I would complain about
are not the hijacked systems but the dedicated ones.

> There are two sides to every story, surprisingly companies aren't
> keen to just kick all of their customers out by third party demand,
> on demand.

Not expecting shooting on sight, as already said. Some safety measures
would be nice though, such as not outsourcing the ToSsing of spammers
to the spammers themselves.

> On 2023-02-07 07:15, Atro Tossavainen via mailop wrote:
> >>Neither do I. The response simply describes what is happening. When a
> >>third party X complains that Hetzner customer Y is a spammer, I
> >>consider
> >>it only appropriate that Hetzner passes the complaint along and asks Y
> >>for a statement, and does not simply impose restrictions on Y based on
> >>X's say-so. Informing X of what the internal process entails does not
> >>look offensive, let alone insulting, to me.
> >
> >Have you ever been on the receiving end of retaliation from a
> >spammer, Ralph?

Atro Tossavainen, Founder, Partner
Koli-Lõks OÜ (reg. no. 12815457, VAT ID EE101811635)
Tallinn, Estonia
tel. +372-5883-4269, http://www.koliloks.eu/