Moin,

> Create a random generated mail address that the person needs to send
> an email to. Verify SPF/DKIM/DMARC strictly, so forging is much
> harder and reject it with a proper message, maybe with a link that
> explains the result.
Yeah. I thought about that. _Technically_ the whole thing can also be
done by just presenting links for users to click on on the web page.
However, that reduces the usability of the service a lot, as some
clients do funny things for mailto: with a lot of Cc:, and users
apparently struggled a bit with it as well. Being able to hit 'reply
all' seems to be a bit easier, in general. :-/

Concerning the strict verification mail-in before: I thought about
that; But given that this is a service to test whether you configured
spf/dkim/dmarc correctly... making that being correctly configured a
prerequisite would be kind of... difficult. ;)

> Use a captcha to make it harder for non-humans.
Actually, looking at the access logs for those requests, i am not 100%
convinced that this is automated and not some shady 'clickworking'.

> That should massively reduce the amount of unsolicited mail.
Yeah; Luckily 'disable mail sending for gmail/MS/Yahoo' already is
surprisingly effective at that (getting close to 0 mails getting
through; Even though it seems it needs a bit more fine-tuning.)

With best regards,
Tobias

--
Dr.-Ing. Tobias Fiebig