On Wed, 13 Mar 2024, Marco Moock via mailop wrote:

Am 13.03.2024 um 10:43:27 Uhr schrieb Bill Cole via mailop:

Without one, disabling them is a cargo-cult praxis that is worse than
any false sense of security provided to oblivious peers who can't do
TLSv1.2 or better.

What are legitimate reasons today not to use TLS 1.2 or 1.3?

Behind a firewall, you are either a printer, scanner
or other decade-old device, that uses email,
or the mail server for such a device.

Talking to the world, I don't think there is one.

My original email was meant to be a heads-up for anyone
supporting such a device (although I was aware that people
would have to decide again about allowing plain).

Has anyone checked what traffic is still using TLS 1.0 or TLS 1.1 ?

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                      Kendal, UK
                   and...@aitchison.me.uk