The bit which bothers me is the "adequate for at least 85-99% of
usage".  It's gotta be 100% (less stupid user input).

I'll apply Craig's original patch, mod my little changes.  It's slow,
but it's complete and I know it works.
http:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg05439.html

So I'm going to punt on this one and let you folks decide if Craig's
is too slow and needs work.  I'll only take a full patch, though.

Sorry, I'm out of time.  Gotta get a feature complete patch to Jarkko
this weekend.

On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 10:47:03AM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> We've presented a non perl solution to you, that should be
> adequate for at least 85 to 99% of usage (possibnly all),
> provided that having record boundaries (i.e. line feeds)
> in .MM_tmp is acceptable to the perl utility that
> uses it as input, presumably ExtUtils::Install:pm_to_blib(),
> or somesuch.

If it doesn't, it can be made to do so.

> Please note that I cannot run cvs out of the firewall here and would
> need to test only on ftp-able or http-able "make dist"
> distributions.

I'll see if I can get tarballs auto-generated and available for you.

--

Michael G. Schwern   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl Quality Assurance      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>         Kwalitee Is Job One