!The bit which bothers me is the "adequate for at least 85-99% of
!usage".  It's gotta be 100% (less stupid user input).

As it should have.  I probably overstated the probability of
error: the corner spots we are worried about would be due to
user input errors.  As Craig later pointed out even the perl
solution does not cover the absurd cases we have been fretting
over.

!I'll apply Craig's original patch, mod my little changes.  It's slow,
!but it's complete and I know it works.
!http:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg05439.html
!
!So I'm going to punt on this one and let you folks decide if Craig's
!is too slow and needs work.  I'll only take a full patch, though.
!
!Sorry, I'm out of time.  Gotta get a feature complete patch to Jarkko
!this weekend.

Understood.  I have been too busy to patch myself - merely provide
partial working suggestions.

!I'll see if I can get tarballs auto-generated and available for you.

Thanks for that. I've grabbed your tar ball and Craig's patch from
later Thursday and now I only need to find copious amounts of
spare time....

Peter Prymmer