<< Message forwarded by listowner follows >>

Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 11:45:21 -0500
From: Jane Ebersole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Ferte auxilium! Ferte auxilium!

I am interested in the use of "anacolouthon" in Vergil's Aeneid.  Although
I am "checking my panic, I am pretending knowledge" to my students.  We are
using the Pharr edition, but he lists no examples.  How do I explain the
difference between anacolouthon and anastrophe?  If you can send me
specific examples (i.e. line number) from Books I and/or II, I would really
appreciate your scholarship. .....And as long as Findlay High School's
mascot is the Trojan, we will build altars to your name............well,
you get the idea.  Multas gratias,  furens magistra, Jane Ebersole