Short of solving the "lock" problem, here is a way to "redocked" toolpads.

fix_pads.mbx is a "ButtonPad Master". It registers their positions whenever
you want (it does it automatically when it starts with a clean slate) in an
INI file. It will restore them if they are displaced with a simple click on
an icon.

In the present state of MI, there is nothing better to expect.

Compiled for version 4.0. And it is free. And has a multi lingual
capability.

If interested, just e-mail me direct, it may take some time before I can put
it on our site.

Jacques PARIS

e-mail    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For MapInfo support, see the Paris PC Consult enr. site  at
http://www.total.net/~rparis/gisproducts.htm