I managed Ultraedit to show error massages in its output window. Here is my tool configuration:

"C:\Program Files\UltraEdit\MI_compile7.bat" %f %p%n.err

MI_compile7.bat looks like this:

"C:\Program Files\MapInfo\Professional\MapBasic7\Mapbasic.exe" -D "%1"
type "%2"

The only problem is when my MB app. resides in a directory with space in the path, then MapBasic is unable to compile it. Does anybody know how to solve this?

Jaromir


On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 11:22:35 +0100, Peter HorsbÃll MÃller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:


In short: I love it !!

The longer version: UltraEdit is a lot better as text editor than the MapBasic editor, but I guess you have allready discovered this.
You can declare several userdefined tools used for compiling/linking you MapBasic application, so it is possible to have several versions of MapBasic. I use this and it works pretty good.


One thing that I still hasn't been able to use is the ability to open a MapBasic error file in the output window in UltraEdit, so I open this file with CTRL+E, and I then have to use the Go To Line command to find the place in question. I guess there were someone who solved this using batch files, but there was also a confilct with the antivirus software, so I was not able to make this work.

UltraEdit gives you a lot of nice features that once you have learned using them you would hate not having them any more.

Peter HorsbÃll MÃller
GIS Developer
Geographical Information & IT

COWI A/S
Odensevej 95
DK-5260 Odense S
Denmark

Tel     +45 6311 4900
Direct  +45 6311 4908
Mob     +45 5156 1045
Fax     +45 6311 4949
E-mail  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.cowi.dk

*****CHANGE OF ADDRESS - COWI's offices in Odense are now under the same roof*****
On December 8th. 2003, Geographical Information & IT moved from Rugaardsvej 55, 5000 Odense C to Odensevej 95, 5260 Odense S.
Please note our new telephone, direct and telefax numbers.
COWI wish you a merry Christmas and a happy New Year.



-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Colley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 10:28 AM
To: MapInfo-L List Input (E-mail); Bill Thoen
Subject: MI-L UltraEdit and MapBasic


I took some interest in Ultra-Edit some time ago, but never procured it. I'd love to know if others find it useful as a MapBasic adjunct. Does it deal well with different versions of MapBasic?

Tom Colley
Sustainability Systems Analyst
Blue Mountains City Council
Tel: (61.2) 4780-5451
[EMAIL PROTECTED]



-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Thoen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 08 December 2003 21:45
To: MapInfo-L
Subject: MI-L Compiling MB apps with UltraEdit and XP

I'm trying to move my MB development platform from Win98 to
XP, and it seems that batch files don't run the same. I
compile MB files from within UltraEdit, and this line in
MI_Compile.bat used to work fine:

start/wait "c:\Program Files\MAPINFO\MapBasic\MAPBASIC.EXE"
-NOSPLASH -D %1.mb

Now I get an error:
'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external
command, operable program or batch file.

I suppose I need more quotes; does anyone know where?

--
- Bill Thoen
------------------------------------------------------------


--------------------------------------------------------------------- List hosting provided by Directions Magazine | www.directionsmag.com | To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Message number: 9503




--------------------------------------------------------------------- List hosting provided by Directions Magazine | www.directionsmag.com | To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Message number: 9505




--------------------------------------------------------------------- List hosting provided by Directions Magazine | www.directionsmag.com | To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Message number: 9507



Reply via email to