>Its interesting how the national
>question has come up as THE difficult one.

Why? Because it's still unsolved, because the bourgeoisie and the
petty-bourgeoisie have no solutions at all nowadays, and because the
oppression and exploitation of weak nations (semi-colonies and to an
increasing extent re-colonies, that is colonies again in everything but
name) and minorities is getting worse. All this paradoxically enough in a
world in which the apartheid regime in South Africa was smashed by a
revolutionary war and where the lip-service paid to women and some
minorities in laws etc is much greater than ever before. Combined and
uneven development. (Read Marx on the Jewish Question for the basic
contradictions underlying all this.)

Hi Hugh!

Could you clarify what you mean by the above. Most of us have read a number
of the classics. However the point is how one interprets this stuff with a
programmatic and tactical answer. Which I don't think your recent line on
Lesotho adequately addresses. And if we are going to have a discussion on
South Africa then we should address the whole Southern cone connected to the
key position that the South African proletariat will play in all this.
Bob