The problem here is simply that I'm not sure of the ground of our discussion. If this is tautological to you, then we share at very least the point of view that science is at root a product of men's response to their needs and not simply a reflection of the universe in consciousness.
Oudeyis
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ralph Dumain" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <marxism-thaxis@lists.econ.utah.edu>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2005 4:15
Subject: Re: [Marxism-Thaxis] O, Dialectics!

Well, my reaction here re-invokes my sense of the tautology of all such arguments. That is, there can be no meaningful claims about the universe apart from our interaction with the universe since we can't make any claims about anything without interacting with the phenomena about which we are making claims. Your claim that all our knowledge claims about the universe from the Big Bang on, are expressions of human need, is tautologically true, and hence not very interesting or revealing.