On 2/8/13 11:42 AM, DW wrote:
Louis, the problem is, you suck at changing the goal posts. While you
may or may not be correct about "Sam Farber" (I agree with you here,
but this is not the point), Shane's comment, the one you do not want
to address and, because you have no response to him you dredge up his
Spart past from, say, what is now...45 years ago when he left
them...was that the Cuban Communist Party bans factions.

The Cuban CP does not have factions but that does not mean that there are not fierce debates. That will naturally be the case when you have a ruling party. There are obviously "modernizers" who want to emulate China and then there is an old guard resisting that move.

The idiotic Leninist left enshrines the right to factions in their idiotic constitutions but once you form one you get expelled. That is the reality of the sectarian left.

Additionally, factions only get formed in deep crisis because in "normal" times there is so much peer pressure in the sect that it takes enormous self-confidence to get up and say that something was wrong. When I got up at NYC local meeting in 1978 to announce that I was transferring to K.C. to go into industry because of all the "opportunities", I was saying something I did not believe. In the Stalinist world, people do things like that because you might go to prison for telling the truth. In the sect world, you do it because you don't want to be shunned.