On Feb 8, 2013, at 12:55 PM, John Wesley wrote:

Ever heard of "microfactionalism" ? Ever heard of anibal Escalante? He was expelled from the Cuban CP on that accusation. His "crime"? He was too pro-Soviet. lol

Indeed. The Escalante affair was a major point I raised in the SWP at that time. At issue, of course, was the fact that he had been expelled on undefined charges of "bureaucratism" without ever being allowed to present his case to anyone outside the Castroite leadership. The hacks running the SWP plus their acolytes Barnes, Camejo, and Sheppard of course were applauding. I objected on the ground that if Cuba claimed to be democratic Escalante's political views, right or wrong, needed to be debated in front of the Cuban workers rather than being administratively suppressed. Which of course made me and my views a target for administrative suppression.