On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 9:02 AM, Shane Mage <shm...@pipeline.com> wrote:

So "Christianity" (pace Aquinas) discards *logic*???  Or is it "god"
> that is an illogical concept?

Neither, but logic does not demand dualism (and usually suffers from it).

> Mine was a strictly logical argument in the terms posed by the
> Christian philosopher.

No, yours was a dualistic argument. That's very different (and as
faith-based as any other way of looking at the universe). If you think that
when Gutting writes that "God is neither material nor composed of immaterial
parts (whatever that might mean). Rather, he is said to be simple, a unity
of attributes that we may have to think of as separate but that in God are
united in a single reality of pure perfection," he means that God is the
opposite of complex, you simply need to reread him.

> So what is your Christian definition of the word "God?" Does it amount
> to anything other than "that which cannot be defined?"

That's certainly a big part of it. I believe Carl, who, unlike me, actually
knows his theology, would define God as "the reason there is something
rather than nothing," or words to that effect.

> "Science"="Big Bang"???

Oh, right - you're some kind of a heretic here, no?

lytlað."