On 9/17/10 8:25 PM, Shane Mage wrote:

> I have consistently referred to Castro as a real (however national)
> revolutionary, and to Stalin as an Okhranik villain who restored a red-
> tinted Tzarist regime. What more distinction is needed?

Oh, there must have been another Shane Mage who wrote this. My apologies:

Trotsky long ago diagnosed Stalinism as "the syphilis of the labor
movement."  This heap of Stalinist filth--which even non-masochists
ought to read in its entirety--demonstrates how the Cuban leadership,
infected with that disease shortly after the revolution, now has
entered tits tertiary phase, general paresis.