I'm not sure what you mean by that Shane.  I remember bringing something
like that up after a YSA meeting in 1969-that Stalin had been an Okhrana
stoolie-and being rebuked by an older member who dismissed that as an
anti-communist lie, upbraiding me with the admonition that real Trotskyists,
as opposed to the like of Healy, don't use Stalinist like methods like the
big lie in dealing with political opponents, including Stalinists.