On 11/21/10 11:22 AM, S. Artesian wrote:
> I've read Mariategui closely, several times.  I find nothing in his writings
> that argues for support of a government like Morales, much less a state like
> Bolivia's.

I wrote this:

"The challenge to groups like CONAIE is to become part of a larger
radical movement that can confront Morales for state power, while at the
same time defending his government against attempts to subvert it."

Unless, of course, you are refuting someone other than me.

> And try this:  Obama is the first African-American president in a country
> that has oppressed African-Americans for 400 years.

Oh, please. Morales was the leader of the coca growers revolt. What does
that have to do with Obama?