/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */



On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, Kirk Lawson wrote:

> 
> by "surf" I mean active IP Masquerading.

Cool! ;)

> 
> I don't know why your linux box won't IP Masq. the first UDP packets.   
>  You say that it masqs udp packets after connection?....  Hmm...
> 
> OK, here's a guess (standard disclaimers apply ;)
> 
> When diald notices packets destined for the interenet it is supposed to   
> cache them until the link is up and then send them through.  It *could*   
> be that these packets are being held in some sort of buffer by diald   
> until the link is up and then sent strait out over the link without going   
> through the masq code.

I think it something like that - it is probably that it is masquerading
on the slip and then again on the 'real' interface. I will find out on
Friday...

> What version of diald are you using?

Good'old .16 - the one I used successfully about 1 1/2 years ago...

 
- Rod

============ Geek Technology at its best: http://nuked.org ===============
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Rod Moffitt  ICQ# 6696644    Linux: multi-platform, multi-tasking,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                multi-user, fast & free! http://www.linux.org
PGP RSA KeyID 570A0731       Protect your privacy!     http://www.pgpi.com
http://rodmoffitt.org        Net, s/w & h/w consulting: http://vissitt.com
..........................................................................
========= Where loved ones are remembered: http://memoriam.org ===========

         Last yeer I kudn't spel Engineer.  Now I are won.





















_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/

Reply via email to