/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
On Sat, 11 Mar 2000, Lauren McClure wrote:
> I'm running Mandrake 7.02 (kernel 2.2.14) with RoadRunner (cable modem)
> and DHCP. My internet connection (eth0) is fine, but my internal box cannot
> ping the gateway (192.168.0.1). I don't see any green lights on the NIC card
> of
> the internal win98 box when I connect it to the linux NIC card (eth1). That
> card works
> fine, though if connected directly to RoadRunner.
>
You need to use a crossover cable between the linux box and the Win98 box.
If you already have one, then you need one that _works_.
If I've completely misinterpreted your description of the problem, then I
plead I've only had my first shot of daily caffeine yet..... ;-)
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.