/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
Jose M. Sanchez wrote:
> There is no hub on their "lan".
>
> He's using a straight thru cable to try to connect two
> machines, which of course does not work.
The last message I received said he had switched to a crossover cable.
Route to internal network seems to exist now as well. But ping from win box
to linux box does not work.
Of course I didn't receive that message until after I dialed in again and
sent my reply. :(
At this point the next logical move is to step back into dos on both
machines and run the diagnostic programs that came with both cards to verify
that they are properly connected and configured. The transmission test
where packets are actually sent between the two cards is the critical one
(assuming the other tests pass).
[I say dos because I haven't run into an OEM supplied diagnostic disk that
ran under linux yet. If there is one available please let me know.]
Lourdes
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.