On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 2:49 PM, Friedrich Romstedt
<friedrichromst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> may it be that you used different compilers for compiling your
> FreeType2 and your matplotlib?  [CC=gcc-4.2]  It's nearly impossible
> to tell afterwards from the libraries.
>
> I was able to compile matplotlib (not the svn though) on OS X Snow
> Leopard /without/ using the make.osx script.  One has to apply some
> changes, but not large ones.
>
> John, I have the slight impression that you constantly try to ignore
> me, can you give a good reason, then I will be satisfied.  Fixing the
> _png.cpp issue for libpng 1.4 would be a good start to make matplotlib
> compilable without the effort of make.osx.

Sorry, I wasn't intentionally ignoring you.  I don't have as much time
as I'd like on the mpl mailing list so I sometimes dart in and out.
If there is some thread or two or three where you would like me to
comment or have some patches that need attention, please point me to
them.

Frequently, threads and contributions get left behind.  Usually, the
slight is not intentional but just due to bandwidth constraints.  It
happens enough that we have a FAQ :-)

  http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/faq/howto_faq.html#contributing-howto

JDH