On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 2:34 PM, Benjamin Root <ben.r...@ou.edu> wrote:
> I am currently working to patch something in colors.py and I am coming
> across a lot of older style code and code that duplicates functionality that
> can be found in cbook.py (particularly the type-checking functions).  Is
> there a standing rule that code that we come across should get updated or
> adapted to use the functions in cbook.py?
>
> Or is it the other way around and that we should be avoiding cbook.py?

You should be using as much centralized functionality (eg cbook) as
possible and clean-ups are welcome.  Just make sure if you remove a
func that may be outward facing (eg a duplicate function from
colors.py) that you deprecate it with a warning and note it in the
log, and that the regression tests are passing.

Thanks for the efforts!
JDH