On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 8:03 PM, Wayne Watson
<sierra_mtnv...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Suppose I plot a line from (0,0) to (1,1.5) to (2,2). Now I want to mark
> (1,1.5) with a green circle. How is that done?

You've posted repeatedly about how confusing the docs are, asking what
you should read and what steps you should take to learn python, numpy,
scipy, matplotlib, etc.  Lots of people have given you detailed
"pyplot tutorial" one of the first and most basic documents in the
matplotlib documentation, and it is covered in the first section of
that tutorial, which suggests that you haven't read or digested even
the most basic documentation.

  http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/contents.html

We have spent years writing this code and provided hundreds of
examples, as well as 800+ pages of documentation in PDF and html
available for you to learn from.  We don't expect you to read it all
before asking questions and as you've seen the people here are more
than happy to answer your questions.  Give them the courtesy of paying
attention to their answers, and when they point you to documentation
or examples, read it before asking another variant of the same
question.

JDH