From: <bounce-122358024-73493...@list.cornell.edu> on behalf of Aakanksha Dubey
<aad...@lehigh.edu>
Date: Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 9:21 PM
To: MATPOWER discussion forum <matpowe...@list.cornell.edu>
Subject: Re: AC OPF Convergence Issue

Thank You, Mirish and Shri for the guidance.

Shri, the model is converging now. I understand that Vmax and Vmin limits
should have been more relaxed. I have a couple of quick follow-up questions:
·         I had set the voltage magnitudes on per unit basis since the network
voltages range from 69kV to 500kV. By now making Vm=1, wouldn't all voltages be
set equal to 500kV?
I suggest referring to a book on per unit calculation. Here’s a simple example
that may help get your started:
http://peguru.com/2011/06/per-unit-system-practice-problem-solved-for-easy-understanding/
·         Also, while relaxing line limits, what is the maximum acceptable
percentage I should be increasing those values to?
There is no acceptable or unacceptable percentage. The line limits are relaxed
simply to get the OPF to converge, but this may not be realistic for a
practical solution.

Shri

sincerely,
Aakanksha Dubey

On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 7:25 PM, Abhyankar, Shrirang G.