Making Vm = 1 means that the voltage is equal to its nominal value specified in
the BASE_KV column of the bus matrix.

Regarding relaxing line limits, first this is the one case where setting them
to zero is interpreted as completely unconstrained. That is a reasonable thing
to try in the process of trying to get a convergent case. The question of what
sort of violations of the original limits are acceptable depends of course on
the particular system and scenario you are trying to analyze/optimize.

    Ray