From: mcn-l <mcn-l-boun...@mcn.edu> On Behalf Of hoplist
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2019 11:04 AM
To: Museum Computer Network Listserv <mcn-l@mcn.edu>
Subject: Re: [MCN-L] Video hosting question

> On Oct 15, 2019, at 9:12 AM, Matt Morgan <m...@concretecomputing.com> wrote:
>
> It's worth mentioning Vimeo Pro,
>
> https://vimeo.com/professionals <https://vimeo.com/professionals>
>
> which is super cheap compared to self-hosting or the enterprise video
> providers but does everything most people want.

I second Vimeo Pro and have used it for years. YouTube is a promotional
platform and its pretty much the only game in town if promotion is your goal.
But YouTube is a terrible host. It’s only advantage as a host is that it is
free.

Vimeo Pro is inexpensive and offers sufficient tools to be a proper host
service. My one complaint is that its video management tools leave a great deal
to be desired.

Cheers,
               tod