In principle it is best to have completely opaque identifiers for the web, and a separate system (which can be a simple as a couple of database tables) to keep track of the mapping. This is useful not as much for obscuring URLs (security through obscurity may work for short-term embargo as in your case, but becomes brittle for permanent URLs) as it is for sustainability. If your public URLs contain e.g. a TMS and/or NetEx ID, if you migrate out of either system you may not be able to retain those identifiers and will break all your public URLs.

Stefano