On Wed, 25 Aug 1999 17:29:01 -0400
About [md-2] filters        By [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi Marion E. Wyatt,

> I've started thinking about using filters with MD-2, but I don't understand
> how to get them working. I made a filter for some common spam subjects, but
> how do you make MD-2 apply the filters? Does the FAQ have a good explanation
> and examples? The guide file is really poor in this area. Can someone post
> the FAQ please? I want to get rid of some common spam posts from newsgroups
> I frequent so I don't have to delete it manually.

I'm not sure that I have ever got filtering to work with newsgroups, I don't
know if this has anything to do with whether you download the whole message or
just the header. What I do know, is, that I gave-up trying.
 
> Also, when will deleting a message in one newsgroup remove it from all
> other newsgroups it was crossposted too? I hope this ability can be added
> soon.

This sounds like a very good idea.


-- 
Regards
  Jules
 ________________________________________________________________
| A1200 Desktop (that is; scattered all over the desktop)
| 68030+FPU+MMU@50mhz 2+32mb 4.5GB(IDE) 4*CD(IDE) Modem MX56VX
| DOpus(5.81) IDEfix(3.4) NC(2.3) MUI(3.8)


________________________________________________________________
MicroDot-II Mailing List - Info & Archive: http://www.vapor.com/
For Listserver Help: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "HELP"
To Unsubscribe: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "UNSUBSCRIBE"

Reply via email to