On Tue, 31 Aug 1999 22:42:43 -0700
About [md-2] Re: Cleaning database has started failing By [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Hi Mike Leavitt,
> Hello Stephen,
> On 31-Aug-99, Stephen Roberts wrote:
>> On 31 Aug 99 14:00:06 -0500 Martin wrote
>>> Hello.
>>> Never had a reply to this.
>>> The cleanup database still fails.
>>> Any ideas ?
>>>> The first run works, It checks 936 messages at about 3 MB.
>>>> On the second run, it stops at around 8%.
>>>> A pop-up appears with 'suspend/reboot' @800000003
>>>> Snoopdos says data/G7.IX was the last successfull file opened.
>>>> Waht do I do to clear this problem ?
>> Have a look at the file and any adjacent ones and see if their is
>> anything unusual. Then manually delete.
> With this number of messages, you may have to delete the data
> directory manually and start over. Export the messages you want to
> keep first. I never let more than a few hundred accumulate and
> cleanup database with each use.
I often clear 5 to 10 mega-bites of messages and never experience any of these
type of problems, especially an uneven fetch error, maybe this could point to a
max-transfer problem, I cannot give you a solid yes or no on that idea.
--
Regards
Jules
________________________________________________________________
| A1200 Desktop (that is; scattered all over the desktop)
| 68030+FPU+MMU@50mhz 2+32mb 4.5GB(IDE) 4*CD(IDE) Modem MX56VX
| DOpus(5.81) IDEfix(3.4) NC(2.3) MUI(3.8)
________________________________________________________________
MicroDot-II Mailing List - Info & Archive: http://www.vapor.com/
For Listserver Help: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "HELP"
To Unsubscribe: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "UNSUBSCRIBE"