I plan to do things mostly unattended, things I want to listen to are on
when I'm not available. If you found where the tone was to detect it's
frequency, wouldn't you be able to set the md so that when that comes up in
the program to start operating the pause button? Often, there's a slight
pause where national commercials end, and local ones begin, but you'd still
have some commercials, but 10 minutes worth during the breaks sometimes can
be a lot, andd these shows are seeral hours long.
At 09:41 AM 1/29/00 -0600, you wrote:

>Brent asked,
>
>| How then, do they know to take a commercial break if there's nobody at the
>| station to cut in the local commercials?  If there's a beep or something,
>| audible or not, wouldn't it get recorded too?
>
>Yes, and so will the commercials.  The idea of an MD that can skip commer-
>cials while it records from radio was just an earlier poster's wish; it is
>not an actuality.
>
>Unattended MD recording does not have a way to pause automatically during
>commercials.  You'll record the commercials along with the rest of the show
>unless you're listening while you record and you can operate the pause but-
>ton.  You can edit the commercials out later and reuse most of the space they
>took up.
>
>In personal experience, even if I am next to the machine and can operate the
>pause button, I get better results by letting it record everything and edit-
>ing out the commercials later, than by trying to remain attentive and vigi-
>lant both for pausing when the commercial breaks start and, more importantly,
>for unpausing when the show itself resumes.  However, I'm under a lot of
>pressure in my personal life and suffer chronic sleep deprivation, so it's
>difficult for me to relax in a chair, no matter how interested I am in the
>book I'm reading or the music I'm listening to, without drifting off.  If
>you're better at remaining alert than I am, perhaps you can get good results
>by operating the pause button yourself while you listen.

Brent Harding
Watch ads for over $20 per hour! Visit this site to join ad vision!
http://www.bepaid.com/users.rhtml?REFID=10160429